Saturday, May 22, 2010

Over the top?

Do you think it is too over the top to wear a pedometer on your nightgown?  I've written of how I like to "piddle" on Saturday mornings, and it is after noon and if I don't wear my pedometer on my nightgown, then I lose half of my steps for the day!
After menopause, I found it nearly impossible to lose weight.  The needle on the scales has steadily leaned to the right which has been very disconcerting.  About six and a half weeks ago, I started "no sugar, no flour," and I am happy to report that the needle on the scales is finally drifting to the left! 
Have you read April's Vogue magazine?  It has an article entitled "Coming Clean," which is about fasts and detox diets which is popular right now.  The writer of the article, Bronwyn Garrity writes about how overuse of laxatives, over time is damaging.  How do you get things moving?  Water- lots of water...fruits and vegetables.  I rarely eat red meat and haven't for about ten years.  One claim is that the brain fog will be lifted.  Garrity writes that recent studies have shown that just eating more whole fruits and veggies and eliminating junk food may trigger brain cell growth in a few months.  Is that encouraging news?  It is to me! 
Another article by Ginny Graves is about how mindful eating, moment by moment awareness of what you are eating may help one to lose weight.  We've always known that slower consumption is good...scarfing one's food down without giving any thought to what you are shoving in is never good. 
 The model Gisele is on the cover...she has had a baby, people!  She gained thirty pounds with him.  I gained thirty-three with my first.  I ran until I was six months with her, continued to walk, swim and attend exercise class after that.  My second?  I don't want to talk about that pregnancy.  
 It is a good issue and timely for what I'm experiencing right now. 

This is what they do to a cake at work...I had ONE bite and it tasted like perfume!


*I'm trying a new blogger layout and having issues with placing my photos.
**Addendum...do you ever write a post quickly and then think "what did I write?"  That is how I felt about this post...the duggles wanted to go somewhere, I was having photo layout issues...just felt rushed and frazzled...the whole time we were gone I kept thinking about my post!

8 comments:

Heidrun Khokhar, KleinsteMotte said...

Does the pedometer help? I need to be more active and am looking for a motivator. Could this do it?

Keetha Broyles said...

A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!!! Wear the nightie AND the pedi with PRIDE!!!

Hey - - - I NEVER get dressed on Saturday if I can help it.

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

Totally wear that on your nighty! Love the new lay out.

And I am not giving up red meat. I love it! However, I am not eating it as much as I used to.

Sandy, Sisters of Season said...

Go for it Cheryl . . whatever works is what I say! We eat way too much chicken, but I know it's good for us . . we still eat a little red meat though. Hope it a good weekend for you! Sandy:O)

Whosyergurl said...

I'm sad to say that when I took the pedometer off it only read 5 steps. I guess you HAVE to have it clipped to your waistband to register. Oh well. I tried. We are doing a campus-wide walking program with pedometers...then we have buddys where I work. Can't hurt!
@ Mindy...I never really liked red meat much anyway...I do love Pork though. It is the other white meat.

Sandy, Sisters of Season said...

Hey, me again, Hi Cheryl, Thanks for telling me that, I always think my blog is so boring . . it's so nice to hear that, appreciate it very much. You are definitely a "spirit lifter", have a fun Sunday . . Sandy:O)

Chatty Crone said...

I like your new lay out by the way.

Wear your pedimeter on the bacn of your undies - underneath your night gown.

You do wear undies don't you? lol

Then walk 10,000 steps a day.

sandie

Al said...

"Do you think it is too over the top to wear a pedometer on your nightgown?"

Hahahahaha! Love it!

Blog Archive