Monday, May 10, 2010

Bradley's Mom


the gold locket I'm wearing is one that Bradley bought for me
when he was in grade school at the Secret Santa shoppe.
I've worn it off and on for years and it has held up well.
My youngest, Bradley, graduated from Indiana University this past Saturday. He graduated with a double major in History and Political Science and a double minor in Gender Studies and Hispanic Studies. We first attended a brunch and departmental graduation with Political Studies. You were supposed to write your name and relationship to the graduate on your nametag. I figured "Bradley's Mom" said enough.

At Political Science graduation
I bet I could find a similar photo from grade school...
aw. Bradley's Indiana University main ceremony
Bradley was on the same side as I was seated,
but I got to see him process in.
we are proud and happy
I like this pic of him
YAY!
With congratulations from the restaurant
Yum!

long day comes to an end

Doug and I first went to Bradley's departmental brunch followed by an informal ceremony. That started at 9 a.m. That finished around 11:30 or 12:00. Doug hurried home to nap. I should have, but was too keyed up. Then, we left to return to the main ceremony at 2 p.m., which started at 3 p.m., then afterward, we took photos and Bradley had to return his robe. We waited at his apartment, then Bradley's Dad and step-mother, Doug and I all shared a champagne toast for Bradley. Doug and I ran back south to the farm to feed the animals, take Chelsea out and change to go to dinner in Indianapolis.
We left a little after 7 p.m., for Indianapolis to meet everyone else for dinner.
It was a long happy day.

10 comments:

Angela said...

Congratulations Bradley!

Sounds like a bery busy fun packed day!

Hugs,
Angela

Cheryl said...

Long and memorable. Congrats to Bradley.

^..^Corgidogmama said...

A combination of emotions throughout a long day is murder on a mama~
Congrats to you both...for surviving those years and the day!
He has your eyes and brows!

i'm no miss said...

Congrats to both of you! :)

ClassyChassy said...

Very nice photos of an exciting day! He's a handsome lad!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Bradley! We need to take him out to La Cha to celebrate when Alysa gets home!

Sandy, Sisters of Season said...

Hi Cheryl, What a wonderful day . . such a celebration. "Bradley's Mom" too cute. My youngest son is graduating this June from college also. Time flies, doesn't it. Too many good memories, thats for sure. Thanks for visiting my blog, the name of the song you liked is "Revelation Song" by Kari Jobe. If you roll all the way to the bottom of my blog, you'll see the music player. I love that song . . it touches my heart. I really enjoy reading your blog, you are so funny . . it's a spirit lifter! Take care, Sandy:O)

Laurie said...

Congratulations! That's very exciting. I remember when I graduated college; it was a very memorable experience, and I loved having my family there. (Although it took my school MONTHS to send us our actual diplomas!!)

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

Congrats Bradley AND Bradley's mom!! That is awesome!

Chatty Crone said...

I think he has your wonderful smile. How many children do you have?

Congratulations Bradley - a long day - but it was a long ride - that was certainly worth it.

sandie

Blog Archive