Wednesday, May 5, 2010

How do you cinco?

I jus' loves me some cinco de mayo...mostly, because it is a good excuse to drink me some margaritas. Like I need an excuse to drink a marg...I've had cinco parties, I've done the go to the bar and get a cinco t-shirt thing...last year Doug & I met our friends here in town at La Cha - our favorite Mexican restaurant. We could not get in to the restaurant, and we probably waited fifteen to twenty minutes just to get a margarita, which we drank on the veranda.
Which was fine. I'm just sayin.' Cinco de Mayo, 2010

This year, Doug and I decided to do cinco on the D.L. and stay home. Doug went to the grocery and bought a rotisserie chicken, lettuce, refried beans, sour creme, tomatoes, blue chips, cheese and a bottle of pre-mixed margaritas, which cost the same as two margaritas in a restaurant.
I bought the tablecloth and napkins in an antique mall. Aren't they perfect?
homemade chicken soft taco

My son called to see if I wanted to take him to dinner. I told him of our plans and invited him to join us. He was horrified to hear that we were going to drink "pre-made" margaritas. Oh well. It happens.
How do you cinco?

11 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

I didn't Cinco because you forgot to call me and ask! sandie

Cheryl said...

I don't Cinco since I don't drinko. Love those napkins though!

paperbird said...

the food looks yummy!

Pam said...

I got here too late for dinner. Yours sounds pretty tasty.

i'm no miss said...

Uh-oh. I missed the taco too! Yummy!

Heidrun Khokhar, KleinsteMotte said...

Tacos are so versatile. Your meal looks delicious!

Anonymous said...

Looks delicious! I went to Casa Brava only to discover that they do not serve margaritas! hhhmmmppffff!

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. It is nice to meet other local bloggers!

I'm ashamed but didn't even think of it being Cinco de Mayo. Have never been to La Cha, but I do love Casa Brava & LaTorre....

^..^Corgidogmama said...

We have a wonderful, authentic mexican restaurant in town. Didn't even think of Cinco, but am pretty darn impressed with your way of celebrating!!

rachel awes said...

how i'd love to pull up a chair!
...i enjoyed looking at some art blogs from mexico & spain that morning/a visual feast! x

Cathy Santarsiero, "The Christmas Corgi" said...

I don't need an excuse for a marguarita either :) Your hair looks great! xo xo

Blog Archive