Monday, May 31, 2010

Cedar Bluffs

One of our favorite hikes is to Cedar Bluffs. 
 It is almost in our back yard. 
We headed up there late this afternoon.  It isn't a long hike, but you can get up a hundred feet or so in a short distance.  The bluffs run along Clear Creek.  Chelsea loves to swim and fetch sticks in the water. 
The bluffs.  This is where the duggles brought me to hike the first time I came down to Bloomington to see him.  I think he was trying to see what I was made of. 
 It was fine.  I could handle it.   This was also the first place we ever brought Chelsea to hike.  She couldn't get up the bluffs and one of us had to climb so far up and then hand her up to the other.  I believe Doug ended up carrying her before we finished the hike that day. 
Doug heads up the trail.
Views from the edge of the bluffs.
We like to take a bottle of wine to enjoy.
One night we took a bottle of wine up, watched the sun set
 and then we only had one little flashlight.
  Lets just say it was an interesting hike downToday, we headed down before the sun set.
When we got up there, the storm clouds rolled in- but it didn't rain.
What do you think she wants to say?  Is she adorable or what? 
Chelsea, tuckered from her nap and swim. 

7 comments:

Miss Janice said...

I'm not sure I could ever do that...looks kinda steep to me:) Chelsea is adorable! Hope y'all's Memorial Day Weekend was a good one!

Sandy, Sisters of Season said...

Looks like you guys had a good time . . the wine looked delicious and your little doggie is adorable . . too sweet!

Al said...

Aawwwww! What a nice place. :)

ClassyChassy said...

Beautiful bluffs - sounds like a great time!

Lisa said...

I had no idea this place existed! I'm so excited to go visit!!

And I LOVE the wine...what an awesome idea.

Chatty Crone said...

Maybe she is saying I'm thirsty - where's the wine for me?

Looks like you had a good time.

sandie

Ashley Ashbee said...

Beautiful, but I don't think I'd feel comfortable hiking on those bluffs, even with an adorable doggie like yours to keep me calm!

Blog Archive