Wednesday, September 3, 2008

What can you get for less than two bits?



No, I do not have a barber pole outside my door, but I do give Doug his hair cuts. It all started when he came home telling me how "it was nothing, but that the gal who gave him his hair cut put her boobs in his face."

The idea of this didn't appeal to me too much, despite the fact that Doug claimed this action did not create a reaction from him and it was just "part of it."

In a relatively short amount of time, we went out and bought a hair cutting kit like this one: (JUST like this one)...


And, I commenced to cutting his hair. I must have cut his hair now a half a dozen times. A few months ago, I put the razor to his head, right at the front, center of his forehead and quickly drew my breath in when I saw that I had a number two blade cover on the razor and not a number four. Doug said "that isn't the sound I want to hear from the person who is cutting my hair!"
So, I continued to give him an all-over buzz with the number two and pronounced that it was his "summer cut." Just this past weekend, I decided that he was getting fuzzy enough that his summer cut needed a touch-up. This time, I did well - I cut the top with a four and the sides with a two. But rather than changing the two for a one around the edge, I cut just above his right ear (just a little) with just the razor and for now, (it will grow) he has about a half inch by half inch bald spot. He asked his co-workers if they noticed and they confirmed, that yes, they had noticed said bald spot.
But, not only does Doug not care if he has a bald spot just above his right ear - for all the world to see - he loves me and he wears it. He says he figures I'm the one who has to look at him.
Maybe I should watch the CD on how to cut hair that was included in the kit?
"Nah, I'm doing o.k. Getting better all the time!"
And...since my boobs are the ones in Doug's face at hair cutting time, everyone is happy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to get a "summer cut" every summer and then let it grow a bit longer in the winter...

Now I've REALLY got a summer cut...

SaV said...

I used to cut my son's hair for him, but then when I did what you did and cut down WAY too far, but right down the middle...my husband took the clippers away from me. Probably a good idea...

My husband would NEVER let me cut his hair...probably because he has the military cut and we'll I'm sure I'd screw it up!

Blog Archive