Friday, September 26, 2008

Six Unremarkable Things De Moi de la jour.





Recently, Kate tagged me with a meme to write six unremarkable things about me. And, because my life has been so exciting and remarkable as of late, I haven't had the time to get to it. I'm an English major, one of those terribly egotistical sorts that basically thinks that everything about me is remarkable (in my mind) - so, this is a difficult assignment!




6. I do not like stupid movies. Airplane, Dumb and Dumber (the catsup, mustard scene made me gag), almost anything with Jim Carrey in it, no thanks. At one point in my life (many years ago) I was Cougar to a much younger man and although we had a lot of fun, I could not stand his affinity for Beavis and Butthead. Or the Beavis and Butthead laugh. Call me a snob.




5. I do not like to go barefoot. Because I have spent most of my life surrounded by hilljacks, most people have a lot of trouble with this. For one, I don't like to get my feet dirty. I'm allergic to bees and don't want to step on one. My wittle puddies are tender and "ouch!" that hurts, thank you very much. I know. Snob, again.




4. I like things to be tidy. Some people in my life think to the point of being obsessive. Sue me. Have your attorney call mine. Mine is a fancy ass attorney (my daughter) in Washington D.C. so we'll sue your ass every which way but loose. And, don't leave your shit in my car. It drives me insane. No, I don't have a trash bag in my car- take your crap with you when you get out.




3. I love catalogs and magazines. Leave me alone if you see me reading one. Don't talk to me. I am in my own little heaven for a little while. Quiet please. I don't need your mouth running in my Heaven.




2. I can read the newspaper for myself, thank you very much. I don't need you to read it out loud for me. I am also able to interpret the meaning of the story that I read. I has a college degree! This also applies to the online crap that you are reading from your cube that you think the rest of us want to hear. If you so desire, send me a link. Then, when I don't want to read it I can at least hit delete.




1. I keep my money in order in my wallet. This is a practice that Doug finds amusing. Whateve, I say. Others, again, would say "obsessive." To which I say "blah-blah." How the hell do you know how much money you have if it isn't all in order? Maybe I just don't have as much money as you do. I want my money all facing forward, right side up - ones in front followed by fives, tens, twenties. You get the idea.


So, now I'm supposed to tag six others to share in the meme. I tag Liam, Mindy, Patty, Nicole, Nina, and that is it - because I can't think of anyone else to tag right now.


Random, I know. But now you know me just a little bit better. At least the unremarkable parts!




3 comments:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

I like your answers. I will have to think about mine would be....

kate said...

Oh! I am so with you on the reading the newspaper myself thing!! I HATE it when you're sitting there, each reading part of the paper, and the other person needs to read an entire article to you. AARRRGGHH!!!

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

Ok! I Played!

Blog Archive