Friday, December 30, 2011

Resolutions

Don't you just love Calvin & Hobbes?  I do.
My resolutions aren't too different than those of last year.  I think this is an indication that it is a continual process.  For me, at least. 
This year I will:
try to let go of the little stuff
I'm getting better at this one.  Considering that I didn't get most of my Christmas cards mailed out, I would say I'm very good at this one.  Stuff doesn't bother me like it used to.
exercise
Sigh.  Huge sigh.
I do love to exercise.  For me it is getting out the door.  Hitting the pavement.  Lacing up the laces and going!  I have a DOG for pity sake.  I have no excuse.  It always makes me feel better mentally.
Save money.
I'm doing better with this one, too.  Pay yourself, first!  Put it away and don't touch it!  I am working to get out of debt and save, save, save!
No charging.
Charge cards are of the devil.  Outrageous interest rates.  I hate them.  I do not like to use them at all!  You shouldn't, either!
Buy used.
I love buying used.  We have a Goodwill here in Bloomington that is called Vintage Vogue.  It rocks.  I recently found a brand new pair of Mizuno tennis shoes for around $13.00.  And everyone knows I love My Sister's Closet.  Buying used is sustainable.  The days of my paying a lot of money for my clothing are over. 
Be positive. 
Being positive is something else that I'm pretty good at.  I can be wadded up and thrown into the trash can and I am going to climb out every time.  I've been through a lot in this old life time of mine and I am pretty good at bouncing back.  I'm not saying that I don't ever struggle or get down.  I do.  But overall, I try to be positive.  Try it.  Smile and the world smiles with you. 
Cook more.
If I can get Doug to keep his paws off of me and whatever it is that I am cooking, I enjoy cooking.  Basically, I would prefer he wouldn't even be in the kitchen with me.  There is something peaceful and comforting about cooking.  I was buying some Calphalon pans for Doug for Christmas (self gift?) and I started telling the sales gal at Bed, Bath and Beyond how much I love them and how I could do a commercial for them.  She smiled and said "I don't cook too much."  She was way young, a wee bit of a sprig of a girl.  I smiled at her and said "Oh, you will some day."
Don't worry, we don't starve or eat out a lot.  Doug cooks, too.
Blog more.
Oh, I try, I try, I try. And you don't know the amount of posts I've written in my head, posts I even have photographs for, that don't get written.  There are only so many hours in the day.  I work full time.  I have a man and a dog and two cats and ten chickens and two children and a daughter in law and a granddaughter and oh, you get the idea.  I don't ever apologize for not blogging because I do my best.
Read!
I love to read.  Again, only so many hours in the day.  When I have a good book, I am one of those people that you see reading in line at the bank or when I'm stuck in traffic.  No electronic readers for me.  I like to feel and smell the pages and lick my finger and leave my bookmark in the book.  There is nothing like the escape that a good book provides.
Eat healthy.
Just like exercising, I truly love to eat healthy.  I also have a sweet tooth and love, love, love pizza.  And margaritas and wine and beer.  Insert another huge sigh here.
Well, there you have it.  The good, the bad and the ugly.  What do you resolve to do in the upcoming new year?

10 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

Hey I'd say all your are good for me too - except I'm perfect like in the cartoon! (Just kidding.) sandie

MamaMonki said...

We have an awesome local facebook page someone started up for buying selling and trading used stuff. I've been getting all kinds of good deals on smaller pants on there and I've been able to sell lots of my things I don't need anymore. Love it.

My goals this year are very similar to yours too. Hopefully we can all stick to them.

Wishing you all the best in 2012

Marti said...

Your goals are good ones. I especially like the be positive one. Seems like the older I get, the longer it takes for me to bounce back. Have a happy new year.

Rae said...

Sounds like darn good attainable resolutions to me. Best of luck with all of them. Wishing you a Happy New Year.

Heidrun Khokhar, KleinsteMotte said...

Well I found life was too unpredictable so I don't keep making any resolutions on New Years Eve. Instead I make them all year long and hope I meet at least a few.Have a nice celebration.

Kris said...

Oh I loved the honesty of this post.
Happy New Year my Hoosier friend!!

Sandy, Sisters of Season said...

Learning how to have more fun and smile more often . . . LOL and not to sweat the small stuff :O)

Brian Miller said...

nice...these are great...we burned the cards a few years back and man what a relief...i love calvin & hobbs!!!

From the Kitchen said...

Happy New Year--resolutions or not!!

Best,
Bonnie

Heidi said...

Wishing you a happy and healthy New Year 2012!

Blog Archive