Thursday, December 1, 2011

Holiday Market

On Saturday we went to Holiday Market.  Holiday Market is the reason that I hate to travel over Thanksgiving.  For some reason I just love to attend this event.  It is in conjunction with our regular Farmer's Market, which is stellar.  With Holiday Market, there are singers and performers and chestnuts roasting on an open fire.  I usually get a little Christmas shopping done at Holiday Market.  Don't tell the grandbaby, but I bought her first bracelet.  I will give it to her for Christmas.  It is mult-colored so she can wear it with anything.  When I called my daughter to tell her, she said "just what she needs!"  Part of me thinks she may have been being a bit sarcastic.  I love jewelry and my hope is that grandbaby will love jewelry, too!




Every time I attend the market, I have to get some kettle corn from the kettle corn lady!
Santa's reindeer were there!
Tuba Santas!
Although my son wasn't thrilled with the Holiday Market, I think Dino enjoyed it.
Dino, me, Bradley at Holiday Market
That wraps up our Holiday visit with Dino and Bradley.  We got up at 3:30 a.m. on Sunday morning to take them back to Indianapolis to the airport.  (For those of you who are keeping count- that was the fourth time in six days that I drove to Indy and back.  But I would do it all over again! The things we do for love!)  We didn't drink any coffee or anything and jumped back into bed when we got back home.  I slept until 9:30.  It seemed like we were off work forever and it was a great break.  There is nothing I would rather do than spend time with my children!

5 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

I can see why you like that festival - if I were there I'd go with you!

Hey your son's girlfriend looks a lot like you - have you heard that before?

And how far is Indianapolis from where you live?

HAPPY DECEMBER!

Love,
sandie

Marti said...

I love holiday markets. I hardly ever buy anything, but I get a lot of ideas. Was that a Santa marching band?

Kris said...

Cheryl, that sounds like a fun holiday market to attend. I see why you love it! And your granddaughter will love her first bracelet!! Well, it is never too early to get them all trained up right! A girl ought to love jewelry...she just must!!!
Hugs to you, my friend!
Kris

TARYTERRE said...

I love Holiday markets and festivals. Puts you in a giddy mood, full of seasonal spirit. Great photos. That's alot of driving to Indy. We've been there done that. But LOVE prevails. The bracelet sounds like the perfect gift from Grandma. Something to be treasured, for sure. Take care.

Sandy, Sisters of Season said...

Hi Cheryl, I feel the same way, I love to spend time with my kids . . . I don''t know if they enjoy it as much as I do. My middle son Brian, would so love to help me decorate for the holidays, not anymore . . I so miss that. Talking about eating to much, Thanksgiving went well, I didn't over do it. That bracelet will always be special to your grandbaby . . I can hardly wait to have grandchildren. I'm sure it is easy to spoil them . . . but its only love and thats all good. Between craft shows and holidays I'm going crazy. Went to a woman's event at Calvary Church in Chino Hills and really enjoyed it, good way to start off the Christmas holiday . . . with a peaceful spirit. Blessings, Sandy:O)

Blog Archive