Thursday, December 16, 2010

Just being my usual amazing self

I work full time.  Forty hours a week at the university.  I also work part-time at Papertrix.  This is my night that I get to be home alone.  Because he works his one night a week part-time job at the YMCA.  (He works full time, too.)
If I go to workout, then I don't get to have my evening home alone.  I like to be home alone. 
He calls.
Guess what he said?  (In unison, ladies...) "What 'cha doin'?"
 I said (and this is the truth) "I'm doing dishes and ironing, simultaneously.  I iron for a bit and then go do some dishes, then go back to the ironing and then back to the dishes. "
And that is what I was doing. 
 Then I wrapped a present for a friend who is turning fifty.  Her family is having a party on Saturday night and we are going.  I found this adorable angel necklace at Kohl's.
One of my tags that I made.  See the little bird peeking out?
Keep pulling the tag from the envelope. 
Then I worked on my Christmas cards that I'm making.
Then I opened the flu wide-open and  I built a one match fire.  How amazing is that?  All those years in Girl Scouts is paying off!
Then I sat down to write to you!
What amazing tasks did you accomplish this evening?

7 comments:

Hope said...

Mundane tasks......cleaned the craft tables. I have three placed in the dining room and now they are completely free of clutter and ready to begin knew projects.
XO~Hope

Privet and Holly said...

Hey fellow Midwest
girl! Thanks for
popping over to P&H
from our friend the
Farmgirl! LOVE your
bird tags....Sounds
like you are a very
crafty lady....and an
extremely busy one.
I hope that you will
be blessed with some
lovely, peaceful time
over the holidays.
Happy weekend!
xx Suzanne

^..^Corgidogmama said...

If women couldn't multi-task, and y'know that each and every one of can....the world would absolutely stop! I haven't stopped since walking thorough the back door Tues. night from the airport. It's been catch up ever since! We must have a gene that makes us part octopus..and our brains are fractured into tiny pieces with many skills. One for each arm!

Chatty Crone said...

That is the definition of a woman . . . sandie

farmlady said...

I remember those days. I remember when I could work all day and come home , cook dinner, go to a meeting, help the boys with homework and iron for the next day. Lordy, where did my energy go?
Today I got out of bed, took some medicine, ate breakfast, wrote Christmas cards and took more medicine. I'm sick.
But I brushed my hair while I was using the toilet. Does that count as multitasking?

Heidrun Khokhar, KleinsteMotte said...

Great. I am home alone many a day. That come with age. I got my cards done too. There were only four but each needed a nice letter and that takes time.

Sandy, Sisters of Season said...

Hi Cheryl, sweet necklace . . Us women are such multi-taskers, aren't we? Pretty gift tag too. Sandy"O)

Blog Archive