Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A big birthday in a big place

Ugh. 50. Fifty. Time marches on. You peer into the mirror one day at your reflection and you've turned into your mother. On 10/20 I will be fifty. Just saying it is painful. I am truly not happy about it, but what do you do? Try to be reasonably fit and healthy and happy. To celebrate, we are off to Arizona, to visit the Grand Canyon.
We are also visiting Sedona which is known for the spiritual power of the vortex. I suppose I would describe myself as mildly curious. I grew up Pentecostal and we certainly recognize (but don't fear) the power of the spiritual realm. They say if you feel the power of the vortex that it will affect you in a positive manner for quite some time. Who wouldn't benefit from that? I plan to check it out and I'll give you a full report.
We also plan to visit the town of Jerome. We're camping at Mathers campground and hope to be able to get into Phantom Ranch for a night. I hike a lot. I walk a lot. Am I ready for the challenge of the canyon? I'll let you know how I do.
I don't know if I'll be reporting from out there or I'll report upon my return. At any rate, I'll be in touch.
My daughter says "But Mom, you don't seem like a fifty year old."
Thanks, Laura.

2 comments:

kate said...

OOOHHHHH, I am soooo jealous!!! That part of Arizona is so beautiful; I loooove the desert. And dessert. But that's another story. Anyway, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! And didn't you know? 50 is the new 30?

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

How beautiful! And 50 is much better than....eerrrmmm....NOT getting to turn 50!

Happy Birthday!

Blog Archive