Friday, October 3, 2008

At least the pizza and beer was good



I lifted this cartoon from this blog when I saw it on another blog. Don't you love it? Oh Sarah, Sarah, Sarah. Wasn't she such a maverick last night?

We got into the spirit of the debate at our house by printing out the Palin Bingo sheets, but since the word maverick wasn't on our sheets, we just had to drink beer at random.

I picked up a six pack and a pizza and at the pizza place this twenty something guy told me how "hot" Sarah Palin is and how "he would." Thanks for sharing, guy.

She is intelligent, there is no debating that fact. But, she is still, overall, an embarrassment to women. I know we will all be tuning in to Saturday Night Live tomorrow night to see what Tina Fey does with the debate. Betcha five million that she'll use the word maverick once or twice.

Sarah lost me at her "I hate gays" statement. Actually what she said was something about defining marriage as being between a man and a woman. And, there are a lot of people who would agree with her on that one. I also loved it when Gwen Ifill asked her if there were any promises she'd made that she would change and Palin said "how long have I been at this? Five weeks?" Um, you really drove your inexperience home then. And everything kept going back to ALASKA. Um, Sarah, we're talking about the entire United States of America, here.

And don't even get me started on her views on drilling.

What did you think?

1 comment:

kate said...

I thought that she was actually surprisingly articulate; "debate camp" must have worked. I had fun watching her fight her inner "folksy" demons...she'd get all "Aw shucks, by golly, gee whiz" and then catch herself and shift gears.

I'm with you on the "I don't' support gay marriage" thing, but I'm just as pissed that Obama/Biden don't support it either.

Blog Archive