Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Do you Pinterest?

Do you Pinterest?  I will admit, in the past few months, I have become quite obsessed with it.  If you are not familiar with it, check it out.  It is fun and inspirational.  I have always loved making collages and this is somewhat like virtual collages.
I found this photo of this chicken and had to share it with you...
image:  Pinterest
It is getting cooler here in Indiana.  This Thursday and Friday it is going to get down to 43 degrees.  Doug has cleaned the chimney, but I haven't gotten the fireplace room cleaned.  When we are not building fires, we do not use that room.  It is our winter room.  Once it is cool enough to turn on the heat, we are building fires.  We huddle- me, Doug, Chelsea the Corgi and  two cats.  The animals love basking in front of the warm wood heat.  Who am I kidding?  I love it, too!  There is no better place for napping on a cold winter's afternoon than before the fire. 
I need to pull out warmer clothes, put away my sleeveless items.  I want to get out my fall decorations but anytime I decorate, that means I need to clean the house, first.  I have barely had time for sleep, it seems. 
Years ago, my dream was to live in a cabin in Alaska.  Oh, I had such a romantic notion of how it would be, snow all around, fire in the fireplace, quilts piled high on a big four-poster bed.  Candles and kerosene lanterns lit.  Something out of "Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman," complete with Sully.  Fast-forward to present day, I've never been to Alaska, and now with a grand-baby in Maryland, I won't be moving there.  But how I love to burrow in with blankets and a fire burning!

I don't plan to knit hats for our chickens, just wanted to share this comical photo. 
You may find me at:  http://pinterest.com/whosyergurl/

If you pinterest and want to follow me, I will follow in return.  Happy pinning!

14 comments:

Holly said...

I have a pinterest acct. I have no idea what to do with it and I'm afraid to find out. I spend way too much time on the computer as it is. Love the chicken hat, you and Kris need those, you know you do! Love hearing about the Indiana autumn and winters. Enjoy the fire!

Kris said...

I did sign up to do pinterest, but quite frankly, I find it confusing! Cute pic of the chicky with hat. I love your description of winter. Enjoy the cooling trend. We are still waiting for it here!

Farmgirl Paints said...

i love pinterest. seriously addicting. have no idea how to find you...so find me girlie. oh and it was 95 here today. but surprisingly it didn't feel that hot. fall is heading our way soon too i think:)

Chatty Crone said...

I am with Holly - I have an account - but I spend all day on the computer as it is - lol! sandie

ain't for city gals said...

I'm going to be a scrooge on pinterest!...I shouldn't knock it if I haven't tried it but I have absolutely zero interest in it. I want to spend less time on the computer not more...I want to hop on an airplane or hook up my little trailer and head out to see the country...of course, now it is the best time to be in Arizona but next summer watch me go!

MamaMonki said...

I'm addicted to Pinterest. I need to go to Pinterest Anonymous! I'm following you now _ kind of stalker like of me!

PS I used to have the biggest crush on Sully... sigh.

From the Kitchen said...

Hello: I just read your blog name explanation on Kris' blog and figured I'd better check out a Hoosier since I am a transplanted one. Our older son went to I.U. and we loved visiting. I also love altered books. Now I'm going back to check more of your blog and see if you feature any of those books.

Best,
Bonnie

From the Kitchen said...

Thanks for stopping by. I wasn't clear when I said "transplanted". I've been transplanted to Indiana. We live in Crown Point. We moved here from Charleston, S.C.. Love being so close to Chicago!! And, yes, I'm going to be the one making the final paint selection for our 1921 Craftsman home!!

Best,
Bonnie

Janie Fox said...

I pinterest and I will check out your boards. I am always reading your comments on other blogs and decided Hey I need to check out her blog!

Jayme Goffin, The Coop Keeper said...

I fear Pininterest - I do. The computer already overwhelms me, and I fear that laundry would never be done if I clicked on it! That picture of the chicken brings back memories for me - soon my gals will be trudging through the snow - it's getting cold here isn't it!?

Sandy, Sisters of Season said...

Hi Cheryl,

LOVE IT! Yes, it's addicting. I'm on it too much. I get alot of inspiration from it . . . good brain teasers too!
I have an account . . . haven't posted anything yet. Have a happy weekend with Doug and blessings, Sandy:O)

In the Light of the Moon said...

Omygosh I have to send my sister this photo..I just know she will love it and may start knitting right away to make some for her chickens.
Wow..I cant believe how cold its getting by you.Here in Florida we are still pretty warm..low 90's and I am sooooooo looking forward to opening up the windows and letting that cool air in.Hugs to you,Cat

Pam said...

Yes, I love it and enjoy following you on Pinterest. It's addicting! It's chilly here now and the heat is on. I love fireplaces but have to say I'd rather have summer weather than winter! That's quite a chicken hat!

Teresa said...

I'd be happy to knit hats for your chickens if you decide they need warmth or adornment to top the feathers. I knit replica owls from Harry Potter for my kids...they call me the crazy old knititng lady...I"ll take that as a compliment. Teresa Lawrence Ayres

Blog Archive