Tuesday, August 5, 2008

I'm gonna need an ocean of Calamine lotion


"Leaves of three, let it be."
Yeah right. Yada, yada, yada.
Doug's family is coming in next weekend, so this past Sunday, I worked in the yard in my pajamas until 2p. It was so freakin' hot. I had on little t-shirt material shorts and an Old Navy top. Doug said "I don't know that I'm so crazy about you being out her in your underwear."

Not my underwear, Doug, my pajamas. Plus, no one can see me. I was a teensy bit concerned about the pop-in. But, never happens.
So, I was tearing away at the fence row and when one tears away at the fence row, one is bound to encounter poison ivy. I started breaking out last night and now there is this poison ivy fest going on - on my left arm. I like to think that I am the queen of self-control, but this summer - when it comes to mosquito bites and poison ivy, I have absolutely zero self control. I'm scratchin' like a dog with fleas!
It was extremely hot and when I came in at 2, I was filthy! But the yard looks nice. (Thanks, Doug, for mowing last night.)
On a different note...
What does it say about me, my life that I am addicted to reading blogs? Reading about other people and what is going on in his or her life?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

best thing invented for that.... Zanfel.

http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp?CATID=304385&id=prod1054021

it REALLY does work... of course it's like $40 for a little tube of it... but it does work!

Whosyergurl said...

I really use Ivy Dry- which works really well- but since my title is the line from a song, I thought it was catchier!

Blog Archive