Wednesday, June 1, 2011

My Sand Pail (list)

THIS SUMMER:
spend time with:
The Munchkin
(my grand-daughter)
Daughter and daughter in-law
Son and girlfriend
Laura P. and Iz
the duggles
the Jennifer
the Karen (what happens on the porch stays on the porch OR what is said on the porch stays on the porch!)

the Marilyn and Jeanna
hike and/or camp with the Kathy R. and the (partay) Marti.

GETTOGETHERWITH:
the Bectoria
the sister for her 50th
Debbie A.
Debbie K.
Cathy M.
and Cathy M.
Dr. Amy
Donna
Mary Jo S.
Rene R.
see my parents and brother.

Find time for ART
Read BOOKS
Watch movies

I've already cleaned out two closets so I am ahead of the game in the cleaning department. 

I want to:  work in the garden and nurture my FLOCK.  CAMP.  HIKE.  CANOE.  CAVE.  Pick and arrange bouquets of flowers.  Go to Farmer's Market.  Sit on the veranda and drink mint juleps.  Polish my toe nails.  Jump into a cool pool and catch my breath.  Watch a sunset and conversely, a sunrise.  Study the embers of a campfire and figure out what it is saying to me.  Go to the fair and eat a pickle, ear of corn, pineapple ice cream and nibble an elephant ear.  Watch the fireworks.  Kiss someone while lightening bugs light up the night.  Lay across a bed and doze while the oscillating fan strokes me with a breeze washing over my body. 
Walk in the sand and wade into the water.  This will most likely involve a LAKE.  Throw a stick into the water and hold my breath as Chelsea retrieves.  Stand by and scrunch my eyes as she shakes.  Breath deep and ignore the rivulets of sweat running down my back. 

Recently I was told that a man I know has cancer with a short time to live.  He went out and bought a convertible and said  to his wife:  "let's go!"  I guess if it came down to it, my sand pail list and my bucket list wouldn't be very different.  I want to spend time with those I love. 
I've also always wanted to take a hot air balloon ride and travel overseas.  Other than that...
What is on your list this summer?

6 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

Sounds like a GREAT list - so tell me - do you get summers off?

ain't for city gals said...

I love this term sand pail list...never did like the words bucket list...sand pail I can handle. My plans are kind of up in the air right now with my dad but I have dreams that are going to happen soon!! xoxoxo

Kris said...

What a great post! I will have to think about that!

deb said...

love your sand pail list....I so agree....I have started working on a couple of things on my list too!
Enjoy your summer!!!

Joy Tilton said...

You have just described my perfect summer! Everything at my house revolves around the lake in the summer...love it!

msdebbiea said...

Wow. . . I hope I am the Debbie A. on your list, cuz I LIKE THAT! :) Love you~~Me

Blog Archive