Wednesday, October 20, 2010

NC/DC/MD trip!

We had to wait until 8 a.m. to pick up the rental car.  I drive an '03 and Doug drives a voyager van that is a '97 or something...so, we got a rental.  We are hauling 6.5 cases of Oliver wine out to the east coast for my daughter's wedding.  We normally get a compact car, but this time we went for the mid-size.  We got to choose and we chose the car with the biggest trunk.  It is a monster of a car that looks like we belong to the mob!
Doug's first pit-stop.  Somewhere in Southern Indiana

Doug heading back to the "mobster/monster" car

Lunch.  Somewhere in Kentucky.  Monticello?  I think.
We wanted to have lunch somewhere that we don't normally eat.  The place we went to wasn't very fancy, but the lunch portions were huge!  Doug had an egg for breakfast and I had eaten a half a portion of oatmeal, so we were starving.  We hit King, North Carolina around 7:30 p.m. and Doug had something from McDonald's and I had a strawberry/banana smoothie.  My body was tired of being in the car and I felt nauseous.
uh-huh.  I only had one.

Doug reading his menu long-distance.

In the bathroom at the hotel.
We are staying the first two nights at the Briar Creek Marriott Fairfield Inn.  We chose this location because we are directly between my son in Raleigh and my dear friend in Durham. 
First vacation bed at the Marriott Fairfield Inn
For some reasons, I like to photograph the beds that we sleep in while away from home.  This place only opened two months ago.  Very clean and nice!  And free wi-fi! 
Remember when I told you I was going on the road and taking all of you with me?
Are we having fun, yet?

4 comments:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

I am! Just waiting for the wine to be served around here.

Anonymous said...

I know this sounds strange, but Doug looks hot by the restaurant sign. Meow!

^..^Corgidogmama said...

Hey, my girls are in Chapel Hill~

Chatty Crone said...

My good friend is in Cary. I'm having fun. sandie

Blog Archive