Thursday, April 2, 2009

What is going on in my yard?

Feeling energized by the warm temperatures, (and sick of my filthy car) I went home after work last night and cleaned the entire interior of my little Honda Civic. And now it is spotless until little Miss Chelsea Kabob goes for a ride with me.
After that, armed with camera, I took a walk around the yard so I could show you what is coming back. Here are some Hostas.
Jacob's Ladder
My philosophy is this: if it is aesthetically pleasing, I leave it. If not, I rip it out. This is some sort of ground cover that has a little flower on it. Luckily for it - I like. It almost looks like mint.
Yay! My bleeding heart is coming back. I planted two or three in differing areas to see how they would do...this is the only one I've seen thus far.
Wild violets, I believe.
Technically, this is at the edge of the woods near the end of the drive. I don't know what it is, but I think it is pretty.

a closer look:
They call this bush Freesia, but technically, I don't think that is what it is. Feel free to comment.

I believe this is a small apple tree. Doesn't it look pretty up against the barn?

Although I am very much an outdoors girl, I am a born and raised city slicker. If I call something by the right name, feel free to correct me.
Thank you for taking a look-see with me around the yard. Today here in Southern Indiana it was seventy degrees. By Monday night it is supposed to be twenty-nine and snow! Yikes!

No comments:

Blog Archive