Sunday, April 12, 2009

Pate Hollow Easter Hike

On Easter morning, we decided to worship by hiking with the Indianapolis Hiking Club.
I have been a member since '97 and Doug joined a year or so ago. We hiked Pate Hollow which is a loop trail in the Hoosier National Forest.
Fearless leader.
Enthusiastic group. If you look closely, I'm in the bunny ears. Duggles in the yellow vest.
I was on the look-out for wild flowers.
Dutchman's Breeches.
Spring Beauties.
Fire Pink. (This is all that we saw of this particular flower.)
Phlox.
View of the lake from the trail.
It was a glorious Easter morn, enjoyed by all. It took us about three hours to complete the loop. I'm feeling it already.

4 comments:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

What a fun way to worship on Easter! Loving your ears!

Sarah said...

We love hiking as well! It looks as though you had a beautiful Easter!

Anonymous said...

This is a fun hike. Matt and I took Sam two springs ago. Wow. It seems like yesterday. I was tired after all that walking. Glad that you had a great time!

m i c h e l l e said...

Oh Cheryl!!! This is my kind of worship!!! This post brought tears to my eyes BECAUSE you said "we decided to worship by hiking!" How perfect! Looks like it was a beautiful morning and your pictures are so lovely...and LOVE the bunny ears!!! You're such a sweety!!!!

Blog Archive