Tuesday, March 24, 2009

No more of this

I read an article in a magazine recently about how to decrease your contribution to the landfill. One way, is to stop using liquid hand soap. For quite some time now, I've used liquid hand soap in the kitchen and both bathrooms. This is the end. We are already using bar soap in the kitchen and when we've finished off our current bottles in the bathrooms, we will begin to use bar soap. I love hand made soap. The egg lady makes it and many others living in this area. It is cheaper, doesn't come in a container and smells good. Now, what else can I do to decrease my landfill contribution? What can you do? Write and tell me your ideas.

2 comments:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

Good idea!

We no longer buy bottled water. I bought a Pur pitcher and we refill our own jugs.

Patty said...

Oh, oh - I LURVE Sappo Hill Soap. It's fabulous - I also have too many reusable handbags (Pier 1 sells super cute ones!) and then we don't use chemicals to clean, just vinegar and baking soda.

Blog Archive