Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Fever dreams


I've been sick for days. Since last Saturday. I went to the see doc Sue yesterday (that trip about killed me) and she informed me that I have "the influenza." "And I didn't get a flu shot." I said.
"There are so many strains who knows which one you would get anyway?" she replied.
Influenza is a killer. I've had fever, (day four and I still have a fever) aches, pain, chilling, the cough of death and exhaustion. She put me on a z-pak and gave me cough syrup with codeine for the cough. (Oh yeah, come to Mama.)
In the midst of all of this, I've had some crazy fever dreams. In one there were white birds hovering around - which I believe represents angels. I told Doug that we'll have to tell his mother that the angels were taking care of me.
In another, I was having these crazy dreams about my Lil Green Patch- which is a game I play on facebook. I even thought up a couple of new gifts that you could give to others- one was a bee to pollinate the garden. Another, was a caterpillar that turns into a butterfly.
Which just goes to show that some of the best ideas are born out of fever dreams.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

So sad to hear you're so sick. But your Lil Green Patch dream makes me laugh. I hope you feel better soon!

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

Oh sweetie...I am so sorry that you feel so bad but dang you are funny with a fever!! You need to write the green patch people cause I think that you are on to something.

I have facebook too!

Patty said...

That's how I did so well in art class! It's the drugs I tell ya! The drugs!

Anonymous said...

You are insane! You need to stop organizing your little green patch! You are wasting your life away!

Blog Archive