Friday, August 12, 2011

Sometimes you need to be better equipped

When I am at my daughter's in Maryland, I am taking notes.  My daughter has great taste.  She gives great gifts and the items that she surrounds herself with are quality.
While I was out there she wanted me to make biscuits and gravy.  My gravy is from scratch and we use Buttermilk Grands in a can or some such canned biscuits.  I believe I made the best biscuits and gravy that I've ever made and in part, because of the skillet that I cooked the gravy in and the baking sheet that I baked the biscuits on.  NO STICK.  Doesn't no stick make life nice?  I will purchase these items soon.  I know I can buy Calphalon (with a coupon) at Bed, Bath and Beyond.
Calphalon
I just did a google search to see where Chicago Metallic bake ware is sold and I read it is sold at Target.  Hello?  I'll be right there! 
Chicago metallic
We had corn on the cob and I liked my daughter's corn skewers, too.  Mady by Zyliss, I believe may be purchased via Amazon.  My daughter just loves Amazon shopping.  The skewers just felt good in my hands and they are cool because they are interlocking. 
Zyliss

What kind of fun discoveries have you made as of late?  Or what are your must have items?  Tell me, tell me!

11 comments:

Kris said...

Your daughter sounds like my kind of gal!!! I love my kitchen gadgets!!! Good tools make for easier cooking!

Anonymous said...

Thumbs up to Amazon shopping! I find everything there and it is so convenient.

Brian Miller said...

ok, i am not much in the kitchen...beyond the sandwich maker and saucer making but...we have a gilhouie which will open just about anything...

Holly said...

I love shopping in the Target kitchen section. Also, I'm not a big fan of Sears but lately, their kitchen section has really improved and they have some great finds. My favorite kitchen gear is my Lodge cast iron dutch oven. They are expensive but I got mine at TJ Maxx or Marshalls at a great price.

Chatty Crone said...

I have a Calphalon grill fry pan and I LOVE it!

So that cookie sheet is supposed to be great?

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

LOL I just bought a doggy door from Amazon!

I bought a bamboo scraper from Crate and Barrel and wish that I have bought tons to give as little gifts. LOVE them!

trump said...

Greetings from the Amish community of Lebanon county. Have a great weekend folks. Richard from Amish Stories.

Donna said...

No taste is better than that first sip of morning coffee. Last week someone told me that her favorite is the Meijer store brand. The huge cans are $6.99. It's Columbian coffee. Right now the same size of the popular name brand coffees are about double that. Bought a can and we love it. Word is that coffee may go to $20 a can. I will be stocking up on Meijer Columbian. Love it when something cheaper is actually better!

Sandy, Sisters of Season said...

Hi Cheryl, Happy Sunday! Nothin like the good stuff . . really makes a difference. Target has some really nice things now too. Happy shopping kiddo. Blessings, Sandy:O)

Privet and Holly said...

I CANNOT believe
that you are a
grandma...I know
that you are the
cutest one and soak
up every minute!!!
Another pan for you
to try is Swiss Diamond.
I've tried many kinds
and just LOVE this
brand....which, YES,
I bought on Amazon!
I take cooking classes
and this is what the
chef's recommended as
it is non-stick that is
scratch-proof. Hope you
had a wonderful weekend!
xx Suzanne

John Going Gently said...

just found you again after an absolute AGE

Blog Archive