Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Sunday 2011

Doug and I were "E" people today.  You know how people who only attend church on Christmas and Easter are "C&E" people? 
I grew up (and my membership remains) in the Foursquare Pentecostal Church.  I believe last Easter I was back home at my home church with my parents.  My mother is still in the rehab facility, and I just saw her this past Wednesday, so I didn't go back home today.  My children live out of state.  Doug has a son that is out of state and two in town and they were doing their own things.  Doug asked if I wanted to go to church.  When we attend (which isn't often) we attend here. It is fun to read the bumper stickers where we attend.  Lots of tree huggers.  I love it that they bring nature in.
Windows with dogwood branches

 I also like it that you can see a tree just outside through the window up front.


 And I like it that the minister wears bunny ears when the service is over.
Minister in bunny ears
We came home and had mimosas.  I cooked a ham and Doug made sweet potatoes and corn.  Then I went mushroom hunting.  I found a few.  Quiet, rainy day.  Happy Easter, everyone. 

3 comments:

MamaMonki said...

I need to get out and do some mushrooming this week. I love them all fried up yum! (Prolly not the best thing to eat while on weight watchers - since they're fried.)

Sandy, Sisters of Season said...

Hi Cheryl, Church is good for us . . there is something special that goes on when we all pray together .. you can definitely feel his presence. Blessings, Sandy:O)

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

I am loving the ministers picture!

Blog Archive