Thursday, July 15, 2010

I wanted to take her paw and finger spell w-a-t-e-r

huh?
The dog daze of summer are certainly upon us!  It is so hot that we got out the "hot tub." Sometimes we sit in the hot tub but recently we got it out for Chelsea.

hey...what is this?

hey...that's my football!

um...

almost..

finally!

Chelsea doesn't have the cognitive skills to realize that the water that is in the hot tub and the water that is in the bathtub and the water that comes out of the hose is the same thing that is in her water dish.  She drinks from the hot tub and goes all the way around it, taking one sip at a time.  This evening I was watering flowers and held the hose out to her.  I need to get a video of what she does.  She seems to think the stream of water is an object.  She paws at the ground where the water strikes, she bites at the stream of water.  I just wanted to take her paw and finger spell w-a-t-e-r.

7 comments:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

I LOVE your title!!

GB's pool looks just like that! She loves bath time. She tries to get into the tub when I take a bath.

She refuses to get into the pool. She thinks it is a big assed water dish. When I try to put her in she gets all corgi crazed and acts like I am putting her into a big pot to cook her. ~rolling my eyes~

I am totally showing her these pics!!!

Kelly said...

haha :) Gibson is weirded out by water from different sources too. The lake is FUN but the pool is SCARY. Don't know :)

Anonymous said...

Very cute! My girls love the pool but hate the bath tub. Chloe, my tri, thinks the water from the hose must be pawed at too, chased and bitten. LOL!

Katie said...

Whiskey does the same thing with a lake vs a pool. I think it might be because they can ease themselves into the lake. Whiskey isnt found of not touching the ground. She loves her little kiddie (doggie) pool. :-) The best 9.99 I spent.

Chatty Crone said...

I want to jump in myself - that water looked so cool and clean.

So funny she doesn't KNOW water.

The dog days are here in Georgia too.

Sandie

Heidrun Khokhar, KleinsteMotte said...

That pool looks so refreshing. I'm glad that your pet finally hopped in.

Cheryl said...

Chelsea is way too adorable. I'd love to see a video of her approaching the dangerous water that surrounds her.

Blog Archive