Monday, December 7, 2009

Mouse Hunt

One of the funniest movies that I've ever seen was "Mouse Hunt," with Nathan Lane. It was about a mouse that destroyed a house and the efforts of two men, attempting to catch the mouse. While our mouse isn't destroying our house, he is causing a certain amount of consternation. I've seen "evidence" that proves that the mouse has been in the living room - but most of the time, he has been in the kitchen.
The other night, Doug left a sleeve of Ritz crackers on the counter. Milo was sitting on the counter watching something on the stove top. I told Doug that the mouse was on the stove top. I went into the kitchen, and sure enough, there was a Ritz cracker, nibbled all the way around, which the mouse was attempting to pull through the hole under the burner.
This morning, I'm home sick, and I could tell that Milo sensed the mouse was nearby. I opened the lazy-susan cabinet and spun it around saying "where is it, Milo? where is the mouse?" Suddenly, the mouse hopped over the top of some boxes of tea and I screamed.
At lunch time, Doug brought a trap home and baited it with peanut butter.
While I do not expect my cat, Milo, the city dweller with no front claws to catch this mouse, I do expect Tree, Doug's bunny-killing cat, to be able to catch said mouse. When Tree is inside, he feels his job is to hold down the cushions on the sofa.
Milo
Tree

In the meantime, I wait for the snap of the trap, hoping this mouse doesn't destroy our house.

No comments:

Blog Archive