Tuesday, December 29, 2009

No boat

The water is wide
I cannot cross over
and neither have I
wings to fly
Give me a boat
that will carry two
and both shall row
my love and I


I always thought being in a relationship was supposed to be something like two people, floating on the deep blue sea, in a little boat - together. Recently, I haven't even felt as if I am in the boat, alone or with another. I don't even feel as if I have a boat. Fortunately, I am as comfortable in the water as on land. (Figuratively and literally.) I was a lifeguard in my younger days, so I suppose it is something akin to the statement "physician, heal thyself!"
"Lifeguard, save thyself!"

1 comment:

^..^Corgidogmama said...

What is it about this time of year that affects our psyche' so???? Sigh...maybe it's just a holiday/end of the year thing....or menopause. Hang on..it could get bumpy!

Blog Archive