Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Fourth Street Festival

One of my favorite things to do in Bloomington, IN over Labor Day weekend is to go to the Fourth Street Festival held in beautiful downtown Bloomington on...you've got it, Fourth Street. Our dear friends John and Kathy from New Castle came down and the four of us headed out.
A great amount of amazing artists are there and there are also a lot of local representation as well. They had this simple activity for the children- lots of plastic items, glue and you have a community built collage.
red
yellow
green
purple
Doug said "I don't get it." I thought it was a cool idea.
When we walked to Nick's for lunch, this beautiful baby was sitting on the street. Not mine, mind you, but I had to snap a photo of it. I had an '85 pale blue Mustang which I loved more than anyone should ever love a vehicle.
And we'll have fun, fun, fun till daddy takes the Mustang away... Love it!
Oh, to have a little girl...
Lots of pottery. I love pottery and we have so much.
Aren't these beautiful?
Street musicians.
Because Doug plays, he always has to drop a buck into the open case.
They were really good.
Doug and John stopped to listen while Kathy and I stopped to look at...more jewelry.
every year.
When we started through the festival street, I turned to Doug and said "don't hurry me, you aren't going to hurry me...I'm going to look at everything I want to." He said "o.k." and then John, Kathy and I had to wait on Doug! He was buying Christmas presents. (Pour moi? Oh, you shouldn't have!) Someone also has an October birthday, too...
As always we loved Fourth Street festival. I didn't buy anything! Shocking, I know.

No comments:

Blog Archive