Monday, March 21, 2011

Spring has sprung!

I love yard work.  Basically, I love being outdoors.  But I also love making it all look nice and pretty.  Removing what I don't want.  Putting in what I do want. 
The first day of spring was beautiful here in Southern Indiana with some of our warmest temperatures to  date.  I went out dressed in my Wenger boots, lightweight hiking pants, a long-sleeved t-shirt and a zip front hoodie.  I quickly realized that I didn't need the hoodie and shucked it.  I probably could have been in a short sleeve t-shirt as well, but sometimes it feels good to sweat a little.  I raked and swept and cut out two dead bushes and cleaned up all of the mess.  Just enough yard work that I could feel it today.  If I sat too long at my desk, I was stiff and a little sore when I got up.  
I should have taken before and after pics so that you could get a true appreciation of my efforts.   

There are still some roots left where I cut out the two bushes...if you look closely, there between the V of the wood...I really love to cut stuff out with my cutters.  Wonder what that means? 
When I was all finished, I pulled a camp chair out into the drive and sat another chair in front of it.  I leaned back, put my face to the sun and put my feet up.  With a cat on my lap and a dog at my side, the three of us sat there like that for probably two hours. 
A wonderful first day of spring!

3 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

It always feels good to get out and do some spring cleaning - in and out. Sandie

^..^Corgidogmama said...

Glorious way to spend a sun filled day!

Heidrun Khokhar, KleinsteMotte said...

Wish I still had that enthusiasm!

Blog Archive