Tuesday, June 8, 2010

His port in the storm.

Today I'm joining in with Angela's West Virginia Treasures Show & Tail. 
This is Doug's cat, Tree.  He is named Tree because Doug's sister found him in a tree in Arizona when he was a baby.  Tree is an indoor/outdoor cat.  Whenever the weather is bad, Tree wants to be an indoor cat. 
Recently, I was heading south on the highway after work.  The sun was shining, I had the windows down and my sunroof open.  At the light before our road, I looked up ahead and saw something and couldn't quite believe my eyes.  It was a torrential downpour!  I hit the buttons as fast as possible to close the sunroof and the windows.  Suddenly, it was thundering and lightening.  The rain was roaring. 
I pulled into the carport to find Tree hunkered down, on the shelf of my little shabby-chic stand on the porch.  His little port in the storm.  As soon as I opened the door, he ran inside the house.  This is the cat that leaves us "presents" of head-less bunnies, voles, moles, mice...a killer, he is.  But, when weather conditions are harsh, he is truly a scaredy-cat!

4 comments:

Angela said...

I love Tree's name! That goes with my dog named Two! hehehe He sure is a pretty cat too! I'm glad you didn't get caught out in all of that rain! I think everyone is getting hammered with lots of rain this year. It has been a few days since it has rained here so I would like for it to rain a little to water our garden!

I love your little table on your porch! It is really cute!

Thanks for sharing such a cute picture of Tree with us this week!

Tuesdays' Show & Tail!
Angela

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

What a sweet kitty with a great name! We all need a port in the storm don't we?

ClassyChassy said...

Cute picture - and it's interesting how people name their pets. I like unusual or seldom used names - Tree is a winner!

Sandy, Sisters of Season said...

Hi Cheryl, Wow, the weather is wild, even here in California . . you could never tell anymore, nothing seems consistent. I miss my cat Prima, we had her for 17 years, long time, but I don't miss her presents, she would bring me, especially the head-less bunnies, my neighbor use to have tons of them, finally figured out why her cats were so big. Tree's a cutie, take care of her. Sandy:O)

Blog Archive