Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Snow Place Like Home

I'm baaaaccckkk!
This is what we left. Our last evening in Kona, we sat on the seawall and watched the sun set. With great reluctance, I changed from shorts, tank top and sandals and pulled on jeans, tennis shoes and socks and a t-top.
We left Kona and headed for Los Angeles. I felt nauseous. I have such a difficult time sleeping on a plane. I wonder what it is? Is it because I'm sitting upright? My legs flinch. It makes me think about the Seinfeld episode when Kramer had "restless legs syndrome." If I do fall asleep, I jerk suddenly and awaken. It is not only annoying, it is embarrassing. We left at 10:30 p.m. and I got in to Indianapolis at 2:30 the next afternoon. I had left my car at a local hotel while we were gone. I wondered if I would have to dig my car out.
First thing I noticed is that there were no foot prints around my car. I was relieved to see that. I had worried that my car might have been vandalized. The snow behind my car was deeper than I wanted to step into wearing tennis shoes, so I pulled forward, threw my luggage in and departed.
I got home, started a load of laundry and attempted to nap for two hours. Before my alarm could sound, I woke, freezing. I cranked the heat and took a shower. I could not get warm. My solution was to get ready and go out to eat. My son is a waiter at O'Charley's, so I went there so that I might visit with him. I waited out his shift and went back to his place with him.
On Saturday before we left, I was burning cd's to my itunes to put onto my nano. Finally, my laptop crashed. I left it with my son so that he could take care of it for me. He was on the phone with Dell for three hours and the final solution was to wipe my hardrive clean. I wanted to pickup my laptop. While I was at my son's, Dug's shuttle bus got in and I went to pick him up.
Hawaii is five hours behind Indiana. When it is ten p.m. in Hawaii, it is 2 a.m. in Indiana. We stayed up until two a.m. on Friday night, until 1:30 a.m. on Saturday night and we've struggled this week to get to bed before midnight.
It is snowing and very cold here. After being in Hawaii for two weeks, the only thing that keeps me warm is a fire. We have had one every night since Saturday.
I took over five hundred photos in Hawaii. I don't think you'll get to see them all, but I'll do what I can to help you see what we saw and experience what we experienced.

3 comments:

^..^Corgidogmama said...

Oh man....and you came back????? Sunshine, surf....vs....snow, slush, skids. Hmm, no contest, Hawaii wins!
Back home again in Indiana...let the laundry and catching up begin!
So glad that you had a memorable trip. Can't wait to hear all about it, and see those fab photos.
That sunset one is divine. Sigh....Jim and I have been hankering for a beach scene to dive into. Sunsets hold special memories for us, and courtship.
Hugs!

Nicole said...

I can't wait to hear more about your trip! The photo on this post is beautiful. I so want to visit Hawaii some day.

Chatty Crone said...

I'm with CDM - you came back? Glad you go home safe - and that all is okay. Sandie

Blog Archive