Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Columbia River Gorge

On Tuesday, October 6th, we started our drive through the gorge.
I knew it was going to beautiful, but I don't think I was quite prepared. Vista House on far right.
Vista house scenic corridor. If you stop to visit, go downstairs!
I tried to take photos of all of the signs at the falls so that I could tell one from another.
Amazing.
You don't see moss like this in Indiana.


trestle






Perspective - Doug is dwarfed by the falls.
I love light and dark photos.
Multmona- the grand-daddy of them all.
Multnomah was visible from the road. Most of the falls, you heard before you saw. With most, there was a short hike back to the falls. Some were a mile or so back. So, we got a little exercise and saw some beautiful waterfalls. By the time we got to Multnomah, it was getting chilly.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Beautiful! Isn't it amazing how inspiring falling water can be? I love the sound of water falls and how they can be both relaxing and exciting all at the same time.

Anonymous said...

I am totally with Nicole! I love your pictures!

^..^Corgidogmama said...

Those waterfalls are awesome. You did a great job catching them with your camera. Sigh....bet is was hard to come back to Indiana after seeing such beauty!

Blog Archive