Friday, June 26, 2009

In Search of LIPS

My most recent discovery- magic markers for the lips...Cover Girl Outlast Lipstain. I think they need it in red and should call it "bloodstain."
I was always insane for Madeline Kahn, especially in Young Frankenstein. One of my favorite scenes is this one when she says "not on the lips." Then she says "not the hair, not the dress, not the nails." It is hilarious. And oh, so true.
I do that to Duggles, I will go to leave, he will go to kiss me and I will turn my head and simply say "lips." He knows what that means.
I've been on the search for the perfect lipstick. Since I was...oh, twelve years old. As of late, I've been searching for one of those that is supposed to stay on. I've tried:


Most of these crack. Especially at the edges of my lips. Recently, I discovered Cover Girl Outlast which is like magic marker for your lips. It doesn't have a shine component with it, so I just use other shine components. I have it on in the following photo:
See, magic marker for the lips. Just like I said. I like it. I bought "Berry Plum" which is a little bright.
This lipstick, Sephora Lip Attitude Chic is not one of the lipsticks made to stay on for hours, but it is one of my favorites right now.
What lipstick works for you? When did you start wearing lipstick? My mother bought my first lipstick for me for my graduation from the sixth grade, age 12, and I've been wearing lipstick ever since.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

You know, I've never actually worn lipstick. Not on a regular basis anyway, just for prom or other "fancy" events. I'm more of a chapstick/ lip balm kind of girl myself. My favorite lip product is Banana Boat Aloe Vera with SPF 30. It smells like the beach and protects my lips too!

Blog Archive