Tuesday, November 2, 2010

All things pumpkin!



I love all things pumpkin, don't you?  One day last week, a friend of mine shared this recipe on facebook.  I've been reading Julia Child's My Life in France and feeling rather inspired to cook.  So I printed off the recipe, dashed to the grocery and bought the ingredients to make it.  The recipe is from this website, and called "Pumpkin Custard Cake"  by Joann Mathias.  I would call it "Topsy Turvey cake" because you pour the pumpkin on top of the cake, but by the time it is done, the pumpkin is on the bottom of the cake.  Ingredients are as follows:  1 package yellow cake mix, 1 1/3 cups water, 3 eggs.  Then 2 cups pumpkin pie mix, 2 eggs and 1/2 cup boiling water.  Directions are as follow:  Grease bottom only of 13x9 inch pan.  In a large mixing bowl, combine dry cake mix, water and 3 eggs.  Blend and beat as directed on package.  Pour into prepared pan.  Then in a small mixing bowl, beat pumpkin and 2 eggs.  Pour evenly over batter.  Then pour boiling water over all.  Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.  I topped with lite cool whip and gave it a dash of Pampered Chef's cinnamon plus.  Quick, easy and delicious! 

5 comments:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

It looks really good!

Chatty Crone said...

Do you see the movie Julie and Juliet? You could do that!

sandie

Anonymous said...

Stop tempting me!

Sandy, Sisters of Season said...

Hi Cheryl, Cassandra, my daughter is a major "pumpkin lover". Anything with pumpkin. I'm going to have to give this recipe a try . . doesn't look too difficult, actually looks delicious :O) Have a good Wednesday, Sandy:O)

Cheryl said...

Easy and it looks delicious. Yummmmmmm.

Blog Archive