Thursday, February 26, 2009

Mama has done gone and got herself some new wheels!





All right, Bob, show us what is behind door number two...is it a new car? No, but it is the next best thing...maybe even better than a new car...a laptop!




I've never had a laptop. Everyone in my life (Duggles, my daughter, my son, my parents) gave me cash for Christmas in order to purchase said laptop.




It was a tough decision for me. A major decision. A big decision. It is a Dell Inspiron 1525 in Ruby Red. The finish on the cover is called "microsatin," and it does indeed feel like satin.



My son, the greatest son in the world, my favorite son, o.k., my only son, Bradley - has been an amazing help to his Mama. First, he helped me to "build it." He was great about telling me what I did and didn't need. Then, he sat with me for hours the other night at his apartment, helping to get it all set up. He is the greatest! I tried to tell him, he could make some bucks, helping others who are just as inept at such things. Thanks, Bradley!


Having my own laptop will open up an entire new world to me. Yup, that will be me, sitting there in the coffee shop, sipping my latte as I post. I can't wait! Welcome to the twenty-first century.

3 comments:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

Are boys are so great aren't that?!?!?!

And I always tell Bebo *you are my favorite son in the whole wide world!* Then he says....I am your ONLY son!

You are so mean to your husband to play that trick! I am so glad to know your baby chews! I thought she was just so all behaved and mine was like special ed corgi. GB has not chewed the end off of one of the cabinets. ~rolling my eyes~

Candice said...

Hi Cheryl!! Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog - I have not heard from Cindy and Wayne (Papertrix) since before Christmas - I hope all is well with them - I was supposed to catch back up with them this month but haven't heard from them. :( BTW - LOVE the new laptop!! I have the same one - in bright pink - LOL!!

Bradley Bennett said...

Thanks for the shout-out, but I must contend that many a comedian have made fun (for good reasons) of those assholes who decide that the only place to use their laptop is in public, such as a coffee shop.

"Look at me! Aren't I savvy? I'm writing an important business document on my laptop, but I'm also cool because I drink latte's. I can't do it anywhere else because I'm a cheapskate who uses free wi-fi and I am also insecure in myself, so I hang out at coffee shops with people like me."

Don't be one of those people. No one respects them.

Blog Archive